Tips and Precautions During Menstruation
Which are the most difficult days in a month for a girl? Well, no prize for guessing. They are her “Periods”. Life becomes stagnant for those four days. The hormonal imbalance makes us irritable. We give up colors and make friends with black. We turn down all the party invitations and stay in our bed. No tight clothes, we only wear lowers and loose tees. For those four days, we don’t care how we looks, we don’t care what to eat, we don’t care whether its day or night. All we do is to wait eagerly for those days to paas. But, there are many things to take care of when we are menstruating. Personal hygiene and a few practices can make these difficult days a little lighter. In this article, we are sharing a few tips and precautions to take during menstruation.
• Basic Hygiene Is Very Important
Regularly bathing during periods is really very important. Keeping the intimate area clean is a must. You must wash your hands, not only after, but, also before going to the loo, cleaning your vagina and changing sanitary napkins.
• Use An Intimate Wash
The skin down under is very delicate. It cannot take the harshness of soaps. Always use an intimate wash that is designated for the use there. The intimate wash will not disturb the pH of your intimate area. Intimate washes fall easy on the delicate skin of vagina and also help in keeping vaginal infections at bay.
• Change The Sanitary Napkins More Often
Never use a sanitary napkin for a longer duration. It is advisable to change the pads after every 3-4 hours. Keeping same pad for long will make you susceptible to vaginal infections and more serious TSS (Toxic Shock Symptom), will cause rashes and increase irritability. Try to keep the area dry as much as you can.
• Keep In Mind The Tampon Absorbency
Use low absorbency tampon according to the menstrual flow. Do not use high absorbency tampon on days with lighter flow as it will increase make you susceptible to TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome). Alternate tampons with other menstrual products like menstrual cup or sanitary napkins.
• Wear Loose Clothes
Tight fitting clothes are a strict no- no during periods. Wear breathable fabric. Tight clothes retain moisture, heat and make skin irritable. Do not wear synthetic underwear, opt for cotton underwear during periods.
• Perform Light Exercises
Heavy exercises during periods can increase the problem, but you can perform light exercises like:
a. Sky stretch - Stand on you tiptoe. Relax and take a deep breath. Stretch your arms towards the sky and hold for a few seconds. Slowly release and exhale. Repeat.
b. Deep breathing - Lie straight on the floor. Raise your knees. Push your stomach out as you inhale. Now pull your stomach in as you exhale. Repeat it 4 times. Keep your back and arms flat on the floor.
• Perform Safe Sex
Having unprotected sex during menstruation increase the risk of infection like Hepatitis B and HIV. It is advisable to perform safe sex during menstruation.
• Eat Healthy
Take a healthy diet. Include fresh fruits juices and fresh vegetables in your diet. Say no to coffee and tea.
Women's Health Info
- Why No Woman Should Be Happy Being the “Side Chick”
- Bleeding Disorders
- Everything In Nature Is Beautiful
- Social Media Can Help
- Women’s Welfare In India
- What Should You Do Before Shaving Your Bikini Line
- Women’s Mental Health and Causes
- Exercise Tips for Busy Moms
- Health for Pregnant Mothers
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Health and fitness regimen for teenage girls
- Food For Thought
- It’s Time To Talk About Alcohol And Women
- Exploit Your Full Potential
- Insomnia among women – facts, diagnostics and treatments
- High weight in first pregnancy can cause trouble next time
- Tips and Precautions During Menstruation
- Modern Women, Better Watch Out
- 5 tips on how to stay young and beautiful
- The Importance of Women’s Health
- How to be healthy and fit after giving birth
- Products for health of women
- Migraines changes during pregnancy
- Achievable health and fitness goals
- Another vaccination is required who already received HPV vaccine
- Girls Beware
- Life on earth is tied together by Love
- Antirheumatic agents and Mazindol
- Basic exercises to do at home
- Health and fitness – be a stronger woman
- Female Viagra pills
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen