Social Media Can Help
Mother’s day is celebrating all over the world every year. On this day, the world remembers and thanks every woman, every mother for brining meaning to the family and to every home. If one were to bring about the same attention to women’s health issues, it would be of help globally. Women’s health is key to the health of the child as well as to the wellbeing of the family. Sadly, women get the least priority and attention when it comes to their health. Gender inequalities, socioeconomic factors as well as the cultural attitudes of the societies have always played down the need for women’s health care. Biologically women go through a lot during their reproductive years and their role as a mother and care giver too calls for better health management. In the changing times, neglecting women’s issues are causing serious problems in the society.
Women’s health is dependent upon a lot of factors. Income inequality, gender inequality, lack of education and no access to health care are some of the primary causes of poor health of women in most of the developing and underdeveloped countries. However the trends of women’s health and problems differ from country to country. In the western countries especially in Europe, there is an alarming increasing trend of teenage pregnancy and early childbirth that has been recorded in the recent years. Exposure to alcohol during teens is leading to drunken driving accidents as well as unwanted pregnancies in the developed societies. Poor parental control, lack of awareness about sex education and methods of safe sex practices is leading to increasing mental and physical problems to the teenage girls. The number of suicides and alcoholism in the age group between twenty two to thirty has also increased.
In the third world countries however the women’s health issues can be attributed to very different causes. In the East Asian countries, exposure to commercial sex forced upon by economic hardships is the leading cause for HIV/AIDS both in the women as well as children. In developing countries however, there seems to be rise in the case of suicides owing to domestic violence and harassment as well as economic hardships.
When we look at the global scenario with reference to the trends of women’s health, there is yet a new trend that is showing up in the form of mental health issues. The number of mental health issues ranging from depression, stress related health diseases, anxiety and fear is giving rise to suicidal tendencies amongst women both from developing as well as developed countries. In the developing countries, the reasons primarily are related to socio economic factors, but in the western world the economic independence and the modern day fast paced lifestyle is said to be causing loneliness and related mental health issues.
Women’s healthcare issues are not very simple to attend to. We need to understand the different dynamics involved with women’s health from different perspectives. This calls for global level discussions and building sensitivity to the issues of women’s health. We certainly hope that social media can help bring such topics to the forefront and pave way for worldwide discussion and action.
Women's Health Info
- Home Remedies for Abortion Pain
- Discontinuing MS treatment During Pregnancy: What Happens Next
- Top Important Factors that can create Hurdles in a way of healthy Life
- How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoid Pain
- Would Cialis be able to Cure the PMS Cramps in Women?
- Natural Ways to Heal Your Gut
- Can Sex Cause Cardiac Arrest?
- Bone Tumor
- Natural treatment for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- How to Get Rid of Blisters on Face
- What Health and Fitness are All About
- Home Remedies for Ligament Aches
- Disparities between Men and Women – Role of Heart Attack on Sexual Function
- Do You Understand Women
- Advantages and Disadvantages of IUD
- Home Remedies for Pilonidal Cyst
- How to Get Rid of Greasy Scalp
- Are We Really Progressing?
- Can Women Also Use Viagra?
- Wellbeing Of Mankind Lies With The Health Of Women
- General Precautions To Take During Pregnancy
- The Reasons Being Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Why No Woman Should Be Happy Being the “Side Chick”
- Bleeding Disorders
- Everything In Nature Is Beautiful
- Social Media Can Help
- Women’s Welfare In India
- What Should You Do Before Shaving Your Bikini Line
- Women’s Mental Health and Causes
- Exercise Tips for Busy Moms
- Health for Pregnant Mothers
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Health and fitness regimen for teenage girls
- Food For Thought
- It’s Time To Talk About Alcohol And Women
- Exploit Your Full Potential
- Insomnia among women – facts, diagnostics and treatments
- High weight in first pregnancy can cause trouble next time
- Tips and Precautions During Menstruation
- Modern Women, Better Watch Out
- 5 tips on how to stay young and beautiful
- The Importance of Women’s Health
- How to be healthy and fit after giving birth
- Products for health of women
- Migraines changes during pregnancy
- Achievable health and fitness goals
- Another vaccination is required who already received HPV vaccine
- Girls Beware
- Life on earth is tied together by Love
- Antirheumatic agents and Mazindol
- Basic exercises to do at home
- Health and fitness – be a stronger woman
- Female Viagra pills
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen