Are We Really Progressing?
As we progress in the fields of science and technology and bring about better standards of living, we should expect the human psyche to evolve to a higher level. Majority of people today are living in better times and better conditions of life. The standard of living is higher and life more comfortable. Technology especially the internet has made it possible for us to sit comfortably in our homes and communicate with family and friends all over the world. Field of medicine has made unprecedented progress. Doctors are able to treat and manage to contain most of the diseases that afflict us.
Overall we have progressed higher in terms of civilization and this is clearly evident from the quality of our lives. Even in the political and economic scene, the old world order seems to be disappearing paving way for new order of system. Slowly countries and kingdoms are moving towards embracing democracy. The European colonialism that was replaced by America as the super power is paving way for the emergence of China, India and other countries as the soft powers in the world.
While we do acknowledge the progress in various fields, we need to also look at the aspects that need to be changed. Some of the areas seem to be lacking in thought and good intentions. Real progress of humanity can happen when there is alleviation of thought and understanding on the part of human beings in all societies. Terrorism in the name of religion, economic wars and political greed do not auger well for the future of humanity on the whole. All of the nations are interdependent. Any harm done to society in one part of the world will ultimately affect all of us.
On a softer side, we can evaluate the growth of human society and consciousness based on the progress of art, literature and other creative arts in the societies. What we are seeing today in the so called developed societies is the new found consumerism and the tendency of people to seek out superficial beauty. People are becoming hoarders and going after material goods and comforts. On the other hand women seem to be working too hard to maintain their external beauty and figure. It is but sad to see that instead of living healthy, we seem to be doing everything unhealthy to augment our physical beauty. Is the physical beauty so important to our happiness? Many people tend to think so. While we are seeing fashion, beauty pageants, fitness and wellness occupying people’s attention and focus, healthy and plain living, peace and harmony, engagement in creative arts and music as well as celebration of life, relationship and love seems to be foreign to the techie urban population.
It is true that human are programmed to pursue beauty. We do see beauty in the female form. However the real beauty we all know is in the character, the psyche and the beauty of the soul that is behind the physical form. The real progress and development happens with the progress of the soul and the inner progress in humans which brings about a higher consciousness and higher purpose of life.
Women's Health Info
- Home Remedies for Abortion Pain
- Discontinuing MS treatment During Pregnancy: What Happens Next
- Top Important Factors that can create Hurdles in a way of healthy Life
- How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoid Pain
- Would Cialis be able to Cure the PMS Cramps in Women?
- Natural Ways to Heal Your Gut
- Can Sex Cause Cardiac Arrest?
- Bone Tumor
- Natural treatment for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- How to Get Rid of Blisters on Face
- What Health and Fitness are All About
- Home Remedies for Ligament Aches
- Disparities between Men and Women – Role of Heart Attack on Sexual Function
- Do You Understand Women
- Advantages and Disadvantages of IUD
- Home Remedies for Pilonidal Cyst
- How to Get Rid of Greasy Scalp
- Are We Really Progressing?
- Can Women Also Use Viagra?
- Wellbeing Of Mankind Lies With The Health Of Women
- General Precautions To Take During Pregnancy
- The Reasons Being Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Why No Woman Should Be Happy Being the “Side Chick”
- Bleeding Disorders
- Everything In Nature Is Beautiful
- Social Media Can Help
- Women’s Welfare In India
- What Should You Do Before Shaving Your Bikini Line
- Women’s Mental Health and Causes
- Exercise Tips for Busy Moms
- Health for Pregnant Mothers
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Health and fitness regimen for teenage girls
- Food For Thought
- It’s Time To Talk About Alcohol And Women
- Exploit Your Full Potential
- Insomnia among women – facts, diagnostics and treatments
- High weight in first pregnancy can cause trouble next time
- Tips and Precautions During Menstruation
- Modern Women, Better Watch Out
- 5 tips on how to stay young and beautiful
- The Importance of Women’s Health
- How to be healthy and fit after giving birth
- Products for health of women
- Migraines changes during pregnancy
- Achievable health and fitness goals
- Another vaccination is required who already received HPV vaccine
- Girls Beware
- Life on earth is tied together by Love
- Antirheumatic agents and Mazindol
- Basic exercises to do at home
- Health and fitness – be a stronger woman
- Female Viagra pills
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen