Wellbeing Of Mankind Lies With The Health Of Women
Women are made differently from men. Biologically, psychologically and emotionally women are built to ensure they are able to conceive, grow and deliver babies and to nurse and bring up their off springs. Irrespective of the traditional or modern women and their economic status or their lifestyle, these biological and psychological traits remain the same.
Women of today believe that they are truly empowered. Most women tend to equate the opportunities for education, employment and the financial freedom with empowerment. Actually if you look at the overall psyche of the woman, along with economic and social empowerment, the best sense of achievement and fulfillment comes from playing the role of a wife and a mother successfully. Wanting to conceive and giving birth to children is a basic instinct inherent in every woman.
Women’s health is one of the primary aspects that enable her to play these multiple roles successfully. The health aspects of women become more critical especially due to the biological processes that the woman goes through right from puberty to pregnancy and thereafter through the menopausal stage. When we talk of women’s health, we are referring to a host of different areas and concerns. There are several risks to the health of women during their productive years and each of the risks is largely determined by the society and the economic conditions that they happen to live in.
With the onset of puberty, the girl becomes sexually active. Proper sex education and awareness regarding the risks of unsafe sex, use of contraceptives, pregnancy and health risks associated with premature pregnancy as well as childbirth are the determinants and contributors to the healthy living of an adolescent girl. At the same time, exposure alcohol, drug abuse and other vices are also the risks that this potential group faces in all societies.
The general health risks faced by older women have to do with malnutrition, economic hardships and resultant lack of opportunities for health care, education and employment. Pregnancy and childbirth related health risks are very high due to lack of access to primary health care and hygiene. HIV /AIDS passed on through sex partners or through husbands happen to be the biggest risk factor determining the health of women across the globe today. Menopause brings with it a new set of problems in dealing with the effects of menopause and the gynecological problems that arise at this juncture. This also happens to be the right time for other diseases and conditions to show up in the body and mar the health of women.
Besides the physical health conditions, there is yet another major aspect of women’s health which has to do with their mental health and emotional health. Girls and women of all ages are subject to different types of abuse in their lifetime at different points of time. Girl child is often subject to mental and physical abuse as well as sexual abuse which impact the mental health of the child. Women are often exploited sexually and are subject to domestic violence. Maternal health of the mothers is fraught with anxiety and stress arising out of harsh economic realities and the struggle for survival.
If we are to really build a superior world community and society, one that is safe and free for one and all, the status of women and their health needs to be improved. When the health of a mother improves, automatically she is able to improve the health of her children and in turn the entire family. This impacts the future generation and the wellbeing of the society at large. The effort has to begin with taking steps to work towards women empowerment and women’s health.
Women's Health Info
- Top Important Factors that can create Hurdles in a way of healthy Life
- How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoid Pain
- Would Cialis be able to Cure the PMS Cramps in Women?
- Natural Ways to Heal Your Gut
- Can Sex Cause Cardiac Arrest?
- Bone Tumor
- Natural treatment for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- How to Get Rid of Blisters on Face
- What Health and Fitness are All About
- Home Remedies for Ligament Aches
- Disparities between Men and Women – Role of Heart Attack on Sexual Function
- Do You Understand Women
- Advantages and Disadvantages of IUD
- Home Remedies for Pilonidal Cyst
- How to Get Rid of Greasy Scalp
- Are We Really Progressing?
- Can Women Also Use Viagra?
- Wellbeing Of Mankind Lies With The Health Of Women
- General Precautions To Take During Pregnancy
- The Reasons Being Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Why No Woman Should Be Happy Being the “Side Chick”
- Bleeding Disorders
- Everything In Nature Is Beautiful
- Social Media Can Help
- Women’s Welfare In India
- What Should You Do Before Shaving Your Bikini Line
- Women’s Mental Health and Causes
- Exercise Tips for Busy Moms
- Health for Pregnant Mothers
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Health and fitness regimen for teenage girls
- Food For Thought
- It’s Time To Talk About Alcohol And Women
- Exploit Your Full Potential
- Insomnia among women – facts, diagnostics and treatments
- High weight in first pregnancy can cause trouble next time
- Tips and Precautions During Menstruation
- Modern Women, Better Watch Out
- 5 tips on how to stay young and beautiful
- The Importance of Women’s Health
- How to be healthy and fit after giving birth
- Products for health of women
- Migraines changes during pregnancy
- Achievable health and fitness goals
- Another vaccination is required who already received HPV vaccine
- Girls Beware
- Life on earth is tied together by Love
- Antirheumatic agents and Mazindol
- Basic exercises to do at home
- Health and fitness – be a stronger woman
- Female Viagra pills
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen