The Importance of Women’s Health
Before talking about the importance of the health of women, let us first and foremost ask ourselves, what is a woman’s health? It simply refers to the total well-being of a woman. Biological and reproduction are not the sole factors that determines it, but also by the effects created by work load, nutrition, war, migration, stress and others.
In the international community, women’s health have gained some visibility and series of renewed commitments from the governments and non-governmental organization. There have been some set policies and programs that were specially laid down for women to lead better and healthier lives, but while this existed, there were still some gender-based health differences that remain in many countries. The improvement on the health of women have received some major setback, due to limited access the female folk have to education or employment. Other factors are high illiteracy rates, as well as increasing poverty levels.
With all the commitments and efforts that have been invested in achieving some improvements in the health of women, this challenges still persist. A lot of the modest gains that where achieved in women’s health, which were realized in some decades ago, are now being threatened or have even been reversed by factors like war, economic instability, and the pandemic called HIV/AIDS. It is true that things like basic health care programs, family planning as well as obstetric services are very essential for women, but yet they are not available to a large portion of the female population. There should be gender equalities in the healthcare services to enable women participate fully in the planning as well as delivery of health services.
We should all be aware that the health of families as well as a whole community is tied down to that of a women. The illness or death that may occur to a women has severe consequences and far reaching effects on the health and well-being of her children, family as well as community. There is a popular slogan, known as Healthy Women, Healthy World. This sends the message that as custodians of family health, women generally lays a very crucial role in keeping the health and entire well-being of their communities.
What causes death and disability in women, majorly are maternal conditions. A good percentage of maternal death each year occur in the developing parts of the world. Every year, millions of women endure life-threatening complications during pregnancy as well as childbirth. Some of this leads to long term disability in women. Also, early pregnancy or unwanted childbearing, HIV as well as other sexually transmitted diseases, coupled with pregnancy-related illnesses accounts for a greater portion of the health problems experienced by women.
We should know that nearly all maternal deaths are preventable. This can be achieved through timely prenatal as well as postnatal care, skilled birth attendance when giving birth and the presence of emergency care to tackle any complications that may result. In general, the health of women are very important and should not be treated lightly.
Women's Health Info
- Home Remedies for Abortion Pain
- Discontinuing MS treatment During Pregnancy: What Happens Next
- Top Important Factors that can create Hurdles in a way of healthy Life
- How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoid Pain
- Would Cialis be able to Cure the PMS Cramps in Women?
- Natural Ways to Heal Your Gut
- Can Sex Cause Cardiac Arrest?
- Bone Tumor
- Natural treatment for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- How to Get Rid of Blisters on Face
- What Health and Fitness are All About
- Home Remedies for Ligament Aches
- Disparities between Men and Women – Role of Heart Attack on Sexual Function
- Do You Understand Women
- Advantages and Disadvantages of IUD
- Home Remedies for Pilonidal Cyst
- How to Get Rid of Greasy Scalp
- Are We Really Progressing?
- Can Women Also Use Viagra?
- Wellbeing Of Mankind Lies With The Health Of Women
- General Precautions To Take During Pregnancy
- The Reasons Being Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Why No Woman Should Be Happy Being the “Side Chick”
- Bleeding Disorders
- Everything In Nature Is Beautiful
- Social Media Can Help
- Women’s Welfare In India
- What Should You Do Before Shaving Your Bikini Line
- Women’s Mental Health and Causes
- Exercise Tips for Busy Moms
- Health for Pregnant Mothers
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Health and fitness regimen for teenage girls
- Food For Thought
- It’s Time To Talk About Alcohol And Women
- Exploit Your Full Potential
- Insomnia among women – facts, diagnostics and treatments
- High weight in first pregnancy can cause trouble next time
- Tips and Precautions During Menstruation
- Modern Women, Better Watch Out
- 5 tips on how to stay young and beautiful
- The Importance of Women’s Health
- How to be healthy and fit after giving birth
- Products for health of women
- Migraines changes during pregnancy
- Achievable health and fitness goals
- Another vaccination is required who already received HPV vaccine
- Girls Beware
- Life on earth is tied together by Love
- Antirheumatic agents and Mazindol
- Basic exercises to do at home
- Health and fitness – be a stronger woman
- Female Viagra pills
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen