Food For Thought
Internet is a very effective medium to spread awareness about any topic of concern to the general public. Social media networks are very useful and powerful tools to spread awareness within a very short span of time. With modernization and globalization of the world, people in the developed countries have the way withal to be able to spend time working towards improving the quality of the people in those societies where people are still suffering. Developed societies are economically prosperous and have access to basic amenities as well as advanced health care and other luxuries of life. Life in the developing and underdeveloped countries is yet to improve and there is a lot that needs to be done. While all of us cannot leave behind our life and go to serve and take up developmental agenda’s, we can certainly help create awareness and do our small bit by bringing issues to the forefront and to mobilize public opinion.
The cause of girl child has long been discussed and debated at all global forums especially by WHO every year. Though a lot of work is being done in the field of improving the conditions of the children and especially the girl child. The health and wellbeing of the girl child and of women needs to be given utmost priority for the future wellbeing of the society depends upon the health of women and the girls. A healthy mother is able to provide care and love to her family and raise healthy children. A mother who is not healthy will not be able to provide quality care to her family.
Most often the health of women and girl child are neglected and affected by social, economic, cultural and biological factors. The factors affecting and the trend of the importance paid to these areas differs from country to country. One of the most dangerous and painful health risk faced by girls and women in African countries and elsewhere is the practice of Female Genital Mutilation or FGM. Not many people in the world are aware of the fact that millions of girls and women in Africa have undergone FGM and suffer from related health problems. FGM is a deep rooted traditional practice that is prevalent even today. Most often FGM is performed on girls under age of twelve and even under age of five. When FGM is carried out at home under unhygienic conditions, there is high risk of infection and other health problems. This practice and belief is deep rooted in the psyche of tribal communities in Africa. Eradication of such beliefs and hoping for reformation is a farfetched idea. Currently the health care workers and NGOs are working towards educating the tribal people to seek medical help to conduct FGM under supervision of a qualified medical doctor so that the risk of danger to the health of the girl child is minimized.
The above is but one of the concerns that is faced by the girl child and women in our world. There are many more areas that need to be addressed and improved in order to improve women’s health. Issues concerning women’s health cannot be viewed in isolation as they are always intertwined with many factors including economic, social, cultural, gender based and community. Public opinion and education can certainly help in reforming communities over a period of time.
Women's Health Info
- Top Important Factors that can create Hurdles in a way of healthy Life
- How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoid Pain
- Would Cialis be able to Cure the PMS Cramps in Women?
- Natural Ways to Heal Your Gut
- Can Sex Cause Cardiac Arrest?
- Bone Tumor
- Natural treatment for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- How to Get Rid of Blisters on Face
- What Health and Fitness are All About
- Home Remedies for Ligament Aches
- Disparities between Men and Women – Role of Heart Attack on Sexual Function
- Do You Understand Women
- Advantages and Disadvantages of IUD
- Home Remedies for Pilonidal Cyst
- How to Get Rid of Greasy Scalp
- Are We Really Progressing?
- Can Women Also Use Viagra?
- Wellbeing Of Mankind Lies With The Health Of Women
- General Precautions To Take During Pregnancy
- The Reasons Being Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Why No Woman Should Be Happy Being the “Side Chick”
- Bleeding Disorders
- Everything In Nature Is Beautiful
- Social Media Can Help
- Women’s Welfare In India
- What Should You Do Before Shaving Your Bikini Line
- Women’s Mental Health and Causes
- Exercise Tips for Busy Moms
- Health for Pregnant Mothers
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Health and fitness regimen for teenage girls
- Food For Thought
- It’s Time To Talk About Alcohol And Women
- Exploit Your Full Potential
- Insomnia among women – facts, diagnostics and treatments
- High weight in first pregnancy can cause trouble next time
- Tips and Precautions During Menstruation
- Modern Women, Better Watch Out
- 5 tips on how to stay young and beautiful
- The Importance of Women’s Health
- How to be healthy and fit after giving birth
- Products for health of women
- Migraines changes during pregnancy
- Achievable health and fitness goals
- Another vaccination is required who already received HPV vaccine
- Girls Beware
- Life on earth is tied together by Love
- Antirheumatic agents and Mazindol
- Basic exercises to do at home
- Health and fitness – be a stronger woman
- Female Viagra pills
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen