Advantages and Disadvantages of IUD
IUD is one of the most popular birth control measures. It is a little device that is fitted into the uterine cavity. The lower parts, i.e. the strings of the device hang down in the upper part of the vagina making it feasible for the woman to make sure that the device is on place. This birth control device can be removed when the woman wishes to get pregnant.
There are different kinds of IUD. One is progesterone hormone IUD while, the other one is copper IUD.
Both the kinds of IUDs come with their own set of pros and cons. It is always advisable to consult a doctor before making any decision to ensue if the particular IUD is the best option or not.
Let’s take a detailed look at the pros and cons of the IUD:
Advantages of IUD
- One can enjoy uninterrupted sex.
- A woman needs not to remember the time to take the pill.
- It is very economical in comparison to other contraceptive measures.
- Effects can be seen immediately after the placement of device. The couple needs not to wait for long to see the effectiveness.
- Once the device is placed, the couple needs not to worry for the next five years. It is effective for five years.
- The failure rate of IUD is only 1% to 2%.
- There is no shift in the hormonal level. Thus, the side effects that are commonly encountered with birth control pills are not seen in the IUD birth control method.
- Easy to use.
- No complex maintenance involved. A woman just needs to check the strings once in a while.
- When the woman takes it out, the fertility level returns instantly.
- There are no side- effects of IUD.
- The partner will remain unfazed of any knowledge regarding the placement of IUD.
Disadvantages of IUD
- It offers no protection against HIV infection or other viral infections. For protection from infections, using condom is apt.
- A woman cannot insert the device. She would need to go to a physician or a nurse or the placement and the removal of the device.
- A woman might experience heavy and painful periods. This condition subsides in a few months.
- The process of fitting the device might injure the uterus.
- A woman gets susceptible to infections after the placement of the device.
- If a woman gets pregnant even after the placement of device, this means that the device is not placed properly. It should be removed and placed in proper position.
- Placement of an IUD also increases the susceptibility to pelvic inflammatory conditions which can also lead to sterilization.
IUD is very effective. If it is placed correctly and is maintained properly, it is highly effective. It is one of the safest modes of birth control. It has no major side effects and has a high success rate. If a woman is considering birth control, she must consider it.
Women's Health Info
- Home Remedies for Abortion Pain
- Discontinuing MS treatment During Pregnancy: What Happens Next
- Top Important Factors that can create Hurdles in a way of healthy Life
- How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoid Pain
- Would Cialis be able to Cure the PMS Cramps in Women?
- Natural Ways to Heal Your Gut
- Can Sex Cause Cardiac Arrest?
- Bone Tumor
- Natural treatment for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- How to Get Rid of Blisters on Face
- What Health and Fitness are All About
- Home Remedies for Ligament Aches
- Disparities between Men and Women – Role of Heart Attack on Sexual Function
- Do You Understand Women
- Advantages and Disadvantages of IUD
- Home Remedies for Pilonidal Cyst
- How to Get Rid of Greasy Scalp
- Are We Really Progressing?
- Can Women Also Use Viagra?
- Wellbeing Of Mankind Lies With The Health Of Women
- General Precautions To Take During Pregnancy
- The Reasons Being Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Why No Woman Should Be Happy Being the “Side Chick”
- Bleeding Disorders
- Everything In Nature Is Beautiful
- Social Media Can Help
- Women’s Welfare In India
- What Should You Do Before Shaving Your Bikini Line
- Women’s Mental Health and Causes
- Exercise Tips for Busy Moms
- Health for Pregnant Mothers
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Health and fitness regimen for teenage girls
- Food For Thought
- It’s Time To Talk About Alcohol And Women
- Exploit Your Full Potential
- Insomnia among women – facts, diagnostics and treatments
- High weight in first pregnancy can cause trouble next time
- Tips and Precautions During Menstruation
- Modern Women, Better Watch Out
- 5 tips on how to stay young and beautiful
- The Importance of Women’s Health
- How to be healthy and fit after giving birth
- Products for health of women
- Migraines changes during pregnancy
- Achievable health and fitness goals
- Another vaccination is required who already received HPV vaccine
- Girls Beware
- Life on earth is tied together by Love
- Antirheumatic agents and Mazindol
- Basic exercises to do at home
- Health and fitness – be a stronger woman
- Female Viagra pills
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen