What Should You Do Before Shaving Your Bikini Line
1. Timing Always Matters
To make your skin feel silky smooth to touch, do not start shaving your private areas right away. Shave after you are done with your bath or shower. That way your skin will be at its softest when you start shaving it since the steam from the shower has open up the hair follicles, effectively making the hair slightly or in certain cases considerably more malleable.
2. Consider Using Directions
If you have extra long hair down there, the first thing you should do is trim it using a nail scissors. That way the blades of the razor are not clogged.
Also consider shaving hair against the pattern of growth. That way, you’d get a smoother shave. But in case of sensitive skin, you better shave in the direction of hair growth. Also use long strokes or short. At time the combination of both might be wise too.
3. The Right Razor Matters
Dull razors are usually responsible of causing nicks and catching skin. They also serve as a huge hub for spreading bacteria. Therefore, experts repeatedly advise users to keep blade fresh by replacing them every month. It is also wise to check the blades’ sharpness before use. Also, for the bikini line exclusively, try using a multi-blade razor equipped with a flexible head that is able to glide smoothly along any irregular surface.
4. Creating a Barrier
Always always always (see how wrote it three times to show how important it is?) use something to create a barrier between the hair being removed and the razor. It can be a hydrating shaving creame or oil. And if you run out of that you can always use a creamy body wash or your favourite shower gel (as long as it is not fragrant or would irritate your skin).
You can even use a regular soap (just lather is up real good) or a hair conditioner – just use something!
5. Your Bikini line needs Pampering too
Now, like the rest of the body, here too ingrown hair can irritate you in the worst ways possible since these areas are extra sensitive. Therefore always pamper your skin with a little TLC before you get to work.
Before shaving, exfoliate the area using a fluffy loofah and a creamy, moisturizing body wash for a while. Then rinse the area and use a hair conditioner or a hydrating shaving creame or oil to soften the hair before shaving them off.
Also, using a small brush with hairs instead of bristles, brush down your hair in the direction of the growth. You can also use a stiff toothbrush for this as a pre-shower ritual as it will push the hair up and keep them out of the way of the skin follicle.
6. The Follow Up
That’s it! You are through the worst bit. Now onto the easy part…
Once you are done with the shaving, apply a moisturizer or a plain old lotion that does not contain any dyes or fragrances of sorts (as they may cause skin inflammation). Also, apply polysporin or a similar antibacterial ointment on nicks and cuts to nip any infection in the bud. Use a smoothing exfoliator if ingrown hairs are irritating you. 1% hydrocortisone cream will also help with this cause.
It is also highly recommended that you avoid wearing tight clothing for a few hours or a day after shaving. This way you can avoid any irritation or chaffing.
Women's Health Info
- Top Important Factors that can create Hurdles in a way of healthy Life
- How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoid Pain
- Would Cialis be able to Cure the PMS Cramps in Women?
- Natural Ways to Heal Your Gut
- Can Sex Cause Cardiac Arrest?
- Bone Tumor
- Natural treatment for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- How to Get Rid of Blisters on Face
- What Health and Fitness are All About
- Home Remedies for Ligament Aches
- Disparities between Men and Women – Role of Heart Attack on Sexual Function
- Do You Understand Women
- Advantages and Disadvantages of IUD
- Home Remedies for Pilonidal Cyst
- How to Get Rid of Greasy Scalp
- Are We Really Progressing?
- Can Women Also Use Viagra?
- Wellbeing Of Mankind Lies With The Health Of Women
- General Precautions To Take During Pregnancy
- The Reasons Being Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Why No Woman Should Be Happy Being the “Side Chick”
- Bleeding Disorders
- Everything In Nature Is Beautiful
- Social Media Can Help
- Women’s Welfare In India
- What Should You Do Before Shaving Your Bikini Line
- Women’s Mental Health and Causes
- Exercise Tips for Busy Moms
- Health for Pregnant Mothers
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Health and fitness regimen for teenage girls
- Food For Thought
- It’s Time To Talk About Alcohol And Women
- Exploit Your Full Potential
- Insomnia among women – facts, diagnostics and treatments
- High weight in first pregnancy can cause trouble next time
- Tips and Precautions During Menstruation
- Modern Women, Better Watch Out
- 5 tips on how to stay young and beautiful
- The Importance of Women’s Health
- How to be healthy and fit after giving birth
- Products for health of women
- Migraines changes during pregnancy
- Achievable health and fitness goals
- Another vaccination is required who already received HPV vaccine
- Girls Beware
- Life on earth is tied together by Love
- Antirheumatic agents and Mazindol
- Basic exercises to do at home
- Health and fitness – be a stronger woman
- Female Viagra pills
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen