General Precautions To Take During Pregnancy
Pregnancy is an unmatched feeling. No other thing could be as amazing as carrying a little living being inside the body. Women are truly blessed by the Almighty to have got the opportunity to bear a little being inside her womb. She has got the power bring a new generation in this world. But, as they say, ” with great power comes great responsibility”, she to carries a responsibility to take care of her child, not only after its birth, but from the time it is in her womb to the time it is out in the world and beyond. When a child is inside the womb, the mother needs to take a particular care of herself. A little negligence can cause her a great damage. Let’s take a look at the general precautions a woman should take during pregnancy:
Taking Certain Tests During Pregnancy
It is a must for women to monitor her overall health during the course of pregnancy. She should undergo regular gynaecological examination. She should take certain tests during her pregnancy period to keep a check at her body system and should take the below mentioned tests:
- Gestational Diabetes
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- HIV Test
- Syphilis Screening
- Group B Streptococcus
- Hepatitis Screen
- Urine Screen for UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
- Rubella Screen
- Pap Smear
- Antibody Screen, Blood Type and Rh Status
Keep A Strict Check On The Diet
A mother not only eats for herself, but also for her child. So, she should choose her diet wisely. She should take a healthy diet, full of essential nutrients. Take a diet rich in vitamins, minerals, calcium and other essential nutrients. Do not keep yourself hungry for a longer duration. Keep eating something once in a while. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
What Not To Eat
There are certain food products that hamper the health of child. These food products must be avoided during the course of pregnancy. The food products are-
- Cheese prepared from unpasteurized milk.
- Sea food like tilefish, swordfish, shark, sashimi, king mackerel and raw seafood.
- Beverages and aerated drinks should be strictly avoided. Caffeine cause birth defects in the child and also premature delivery or abortion.
- Avoid food that contains sodium nitrate.
- Avoid processed food. Consume freshly and neatly prepared food.
It is a common norm that a mother should not exercise during pregnancy, on the contrary, exercising is essential. Ofcourse, heavy exercises are a strict no-no, but a women can do light exercises under supervision. Also, try yoga under expert guidance.
Alcohol Consumption And Smoking
Alcohol consumption should strictly say no to alcohol as excessive alcohol consumption leads to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS). Smoking is also very injurious during pregnancy.
Drugs like tetracycline, isotretinoin, etc. should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Do not lift heavy objects.
- Avoid pets during the course of pregnancy.
- Do not sauna or steam baths.
- Avoid exposure to x- rays.
Women's Health Info
- Home Remedies for Abortion Pain
- Discontinuing MS treatment During Pregnancy: What Happens Next
- Top Important Factors that can create Hurdles in a way of healthy Life
- How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoid Pain
- Would Cialis be able to Cure the PMS Cramps in Women?
- Natural Ways to Heal Your Gut
- Can Sex Cause Cardiac Arrest?
- Bone Tumor
- Natural treatment for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- How to Get Rid of Blisters on Face
- What Health and Fitness are All About
- Home Remedies for Ligament Aches
- Disparities between Men and Women – Role of Heart Attack on Sexual Function
- Do You Understand Women
- Advantages and Disadvantages of IUD
- Home Remedies for Pilonidal Cyst
- How to Get Rid of Greasy Scalp
- Are We Really Progressing?
- Can Women Also Use Viagra?
- Wellbeing Of Mankind Lies With The Health Of Women
- General Precautions To Take During Pregnancy
- The Reasons Being Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Why No Woman Should Be Happy Being the “Side Chick”
- Bleeding Disorders
- Everything In Nature Is Beautiful
- Social Media Can Help
- Women’s Welfare In India
- What Should You Do Before Shaving Your Bikini Line
- Women’s Mental Health and Causes
- Exercise Tips for Busy Moms
- Health for Pregnant Mothers
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Health and fitness regimen for teenage girls
- Food For Thought
- It’s Time To Talk About Alcohol And Women
- Exploit Your Full Potential
- Insomnia among women – facts, diagnostics and treatments
- High weight in first pregnancy can cause trouble next time
- Tips and Precautions During Menstruation
- Modern Women, Better Watch Out
- 5 tips on how to stay young and beautiful
- The Importance of Women’s Health
- How to be healthy and fit after giving birth
- Products for health of women
- Migraines changes during pregnancy
- Achievable health and fitness goals
- Another vaccination is required who already received HPV vaccine
- Girls Beware
- Life on earth is tied together by Love
- Antirheumatic agents and Mazindol
- Basic exercises to do at home
- Health and fitness – be a stronger woman
- Female Viagra pills
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen