It’s Time To Talk About Alcohol And Women
When we talk about women and health, one important topic that needs to be discussed is that of Alcoholism. Men are not the only ones who turn to liquor and become habitual drinkers, but women too are known to follow the path. Though the number is not as high as men, nevertheless, alcohol is never a good option for women.
The pattern of consumption of alcohol by women varies and depends upon different cultures and societies. It is not only that women in western world are known to drink, even women in the tribes as well as those from ethnic minorities are known to consume liquor.
Most often it is the young girls who tend to fall prey to drinking in their high school. Peer pressure, a perceived need to be accepted and to be seen as being modern makes the girls succumb to drinking. Once the girl has begun to drink, the pressure from the company that she keeps will ensure that the habit continues to grow. Many girls who have strict parents at home do find some kind of thrill in being able to drink and party without the knowledge of the parents and it gives them a sense of rebellion.
An innocent and fun act at this stage can catch up without one’s knowledge and become a life long habit. The consequences on the mental and physical health as well as the external consequences are not understood or pondered upon by the girls at this age.
First and foremost, it is illegal to drink under the age of twenty one in most states. Secondly one is not aware of what one is getting into in the middle of the night. One is not in control of the events or on oneself. Hence there is every chance that the girl can run into some sort of accidents due to drunken driving by self or by the other friends. More dangerously, the girl can find herself compromised and engage in unsafe sex without realizing the impact. Sexual abuse of drunken women and girls is very common and the girls in inebriated state are easy targets.
Alcoholism can quickly become a addictive habit. In the initial stages girls might drink for fun and very fast get dependent upon few drinks to get high. Over a period of time they are likely to head for depression and hallucinations etc if they overstep the limit of safe drinking. It is quite likely that one drinking becomes a habit, they keep increasing the number of drinks they have. Alcohol is a sure but silent killer. It kills the mind, the self as well as the body. The women end up losing control over themselves and their life as well as their health when they take up the bottle.
Women who consume alcohol are likely to cause huge harm to the fetus when if they get pregnant. The child can be born with physical and growth impairment caused due to alcohol consumption by the mother before and during pregnancy. They are likely to end up succumbing to cirrhosis of liver, high blood pressure, kidney failure and brain hemorrhage etc.
This is a major issue that is required to be addressed in all societies. Drinking by women is increasing in the progressive and advanced countries and societies and such trend is not good for the women as well as for the society. The health of the society at large is dependent upon the health of the woman who is the backbone of the family and the society as well.
Women's Health Info
- Home Remedies for Abortion Pain
- Discontinuing MS treatment During Pregnancy: What Happens Next
- Top Important Factors that can create Hurdles in a way of healthy Life
- How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoid Pain
- Would Cialis be able to Cure the PMS Cramps in Women?
- Natural Ways to Heal Your Gut
- Can Sex Cause Cardiac Arrest?
- Bone Tumor
- Natural treatment for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- How to Get Rid of Blisters on Face
- What Health and Fitness are All About
- Home Remedies for Ligament Aches
- Disparities between Men and Women – Role of Heart Attack on Sexual Function
- Do You Understand Women
- Advantages and Disadvantages of IUD
- Home Remedies for Pilonidal Cyst
- How to Get Rid of Greasy Scalp
- Are We Really Progressing?
- Can Women Also Use Viagra?
- Wellbeing Of Mankind Lies With The Health Of Women
- General Precautions To Take During Pregnancy
- The Reasons Being Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Why No Woman Should Be Happy Being the “Side Chick”
- Bleeding Disorders
- Everything In Nature Is Beautiful
- Social Media Can Help
- Women’s Welfare In India
- What Should You Do Before Shaving Your Bikini Line
- Women’s Mental Health and Causes
- Exercise Tips for Busy Moms
- Health for Pregnant Mothers
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Health and fitness regimen for teenage girls
- Food For Thought
- It’s Time To Talk About Alcohol And Women
- Exploit Your Full Potential
- Insomnia among women – facts, diagnostics and treatments
- High weight in first pregnancy can cause trouble next time
- Tips and Precautions During Menstruation
- Modern Women, Better Watch Out
- 5 tips on how to stay young and beautiful
- The Importance of Women’s Health
- How to be healthy and fit after giving birth
- Products for health of women
- Migraines changes during pregnancy
- Achievable health and fitness goals
- Another vaccination is required who already received HPV vaccine
- Girls Beware
- Life on earth is tied together by Love
- Antirheumatic agents and Mazindol
- Basic exercises to do at home
- Health and fitness – be a stronger woman
- Female Viagra pills
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen